Description: Cavendish is a type of tobacco resulting from a specific process, usually using Virginia tobacco. Dark, ripe Virginia tobacco leaves are steam-treated and oak-barrel cured, producing a tobacco with a brilliant intensity and rich taste.
History: Several different stories surround the origin of Cavendish, but all of them involve tobacco that was being transported on the ship of Sir Thomas Cavendish in 1585.
One tale says Cavendish infused his personal supply of tobacco with dark rum to prevent it from drying out and getting moldy. He then rolled the wet leaves together, binding them tightly with sail canvas and twine. Much to his surprise, the flavor improved.
The tobacco smoked sweeter, was mellower and had an aromatic fragrance. The process of using double fermentation to create Cavendish tobacco was born.
Another tale says Cavendish was created by accident, when several massive barrels of fire-cured Virginia tobacco got wet while on the ship of Lord Cavendish. When the tobacco shipment arrived after spending weeks in the hot summer weather, the tobacco was black. But it had an absolutely enticing aroma.
Although he was reimbursed for the damage by the insurance company, Lord Cavendish was also able to sell the black tobacco because of its captivating aroma. The tobacco had turned black and highly aromatic due to over-fermentation, which occurred when the water began decomposing the tobacco’s natural sugar without allowing mold to take over. The process has since been reproduced on all types of tobacco to create Cavendish tobacco.
Note: The process only works with fresh water; tobacco dampened by salt water is a total loss.
- Naturally Extracted from real tobacco leaves, using only the best leaves and the best part of the leaves
- No artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, or additives
- No Diacetyl, Acetyl Propionyl, Ethylene Glycol, Diethylene Glycol, Acrolein and Acetoin
- Small Batch
50vg/50pg ratio Black Note products (Salts & Freebase Nicotine)
- Not For Sub-Ohm Use: Not For use in devices that reach sub-ohm resistance.
- Device Recommendation: Ultra-Low Wattage & Pod-Based Systems (Mouth-To-Lung Devices).
- Coil: MTL coil with a resistance of 1.0 ohms or higher.
- Recommended Power Level: Do not exceed 18 watts.
70vg/30pg (High VG) ratio Black Note products (Freebase Nicotine)
- Compatible with Sub-Ohm devices.
- Coil: DTL coil with a resistance of less than 1.0 ohm (e.g., a 0.5ohm – 0.8ohm coil).
- Power Level: High wattage (50W – 100W).