If you are a California resident, you can request a notice disclosing the categories of personal information we have shared with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To request a notice, please submit your request by email to [email protected] or postal mail to:
ATTN: Customer Service
50 Tesla, Irvine, CA 92618.
Information We Collect
As you use our websites and mobile applications or visit one of our stores, we may collect information about you and the services you use. Some examples of when we may collect this information include when you browse or make a purchase on one of our websites; create a Black Note account; or participate in a survey or promotion. The information we may have collected over the past twelve months falls into six different categories:
Category A: Identifiers – We may collect information such as your email address or account name.
Category B: Personal information categories as described in Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)) – We may collect information such as name, address, or financial information.
Category D: Commercial information – We may collect information about your previous purchases or consuming tendencies.
Category F: Internet or other similar network activity – We may collect information about your browsing history, search history, interaction with our website, application, or advertisements.
Category G: Geolocation data – We may collect information about your physical location or movements. We may collect information about the location of your device, including GPS location, for purposes of enhancing or facilitating our services, such as enabling the functionality of our websites or have certain Black Note products delivered by a third-party vendor. We may also use information about the location of the device you are using to help us understand how our websites, mobile applications, and other services and functionality are being used and to deliver more relevant advertising. If you want to opt out of the collection of this location information, please see the visit:
Category K: Inferences drawn from other personal information – We may collect Information about your preferences.
The information in the categories listed above might be collected as you use our websites. The information we may collect falls into three different categories: (1) information you give us; (2) information we collect from you automatically; and (3) information we collect from other sources.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect about you in a variety of ways, including to:
- process your purchases of or requests for products and services;
- communicate with you about orders, purchases, returns, services, accounts, programs, contests, and sweepstakes;
- respond to your customer service inquiries and requests for information;
- post your comments or statements on our websites;
- send you personalized promotions and special offers;
- inform you about our brands, products, events, or other promotional purposes;
- maintain, improve, and analyze our websites, mobile applications, ads, and the products and services we offer;
- detect, prevent, or investigate security breaches or fraud;
- maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes;
- facilitate the functionality of our websites and mobile applications;
- provide important product safety information and notice of product recalls; and
- ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your information for a business purpose in the following circumstances:
- When We Work Together – We may share information between and among Black Note Corporation, its subsidiaries, and affiliated companies for purposes of management and analysis, decision making, and other business purposes. For example, we may share your information with our subsidiaries and affiliated companies to administer our loyalty programs, process orders and requests, and expand and promote our product and service offerings.
- When We Work with Service Providers – We may share your information with service providers that provide us with support services, such as credit card processing, website hosting, email and postal delivery, location mapping, product and service delivery, analytics services, or conducting academic research.
- When We Work on Business Transactions – If we become involved with a merger or another situation involving the transfer of some or all of our business assets, we may share your information with business entities or people involved in the negotiation or transfer.
- When Sharing Helps Us Protect Lawful Interests – We may disclose your information if we believe that the disclosure is required by law, if we believe that the disclosure is necessary to adhere to local, state and federal compliance, enforce our agreements or policies, or if we believe that the disclosure will help us protect the rights, property, or safety of Black Note or our customers or partners.
- When We Work with Marketing Service Providers – We may share your information with marketing service providers to assess, develop and provide you with promotions and special offers that may interest you, administer contests, sweepstakes and events or for other promotional purposes.
- When We Work with Third Parties – If you consent, we may share your information with third parties.
- When You Give Consent – We may share information about you with other companies if you give us permission or direct us to share the information.
- When the Information Does Not Identify You – We may share your information in a way that does not directly identify you. For example, we may share information about your use of our websites and mobile applications in a manner that does not identify you or may combine information about the nature or frequency of your transactions with similar information about other people and share the aggregated information for statistical analysis and other business purposes.
In the preceding twelve months we have not disclosed personal information.
How We Sell Your Information
In the preceding twelve months we have not sold personal information.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, if applicable, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request)
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose: the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; or the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete, to the extent permitted by law, any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions.
You have the right at any time to direct us not to sell your personal information, which is your right to opt-out. In the preceding twelve months we have not sold personal information.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either submitting your request by email to [email protected]; or
Mailing your request to:
ATTN: Customer Service
50 Tesla, Irvine, CA 92618.