Got a Smoke-Free World Idea? Get $2,000 Scholarship
Black Note $2,000 Smoke-Free World Scholarship
From really bad breath to even worse health woes, smoking traditional cigarettes can be one nasty habit. But it’s not a habit that’s easy to break. That’s where you come in.
Black Note is looking to award a $2,000 scholarship to each student that shares innovative, ingenious or just plain good ideas on ways to help smokers put down cigarettes and join the world’s smoke-free movement.
We’re doing our part with a mission of helping to create a smoke-free world by providing the most authentic and enjoyable alternative to smoking. Your own smoke-free world idea can certainly include the mention of vaping and e-cigarettes, but it doesn’t have to. Feel free to engage your brain in some creative thinking that goes far outside the (cigarette) box.
To be eligible for a scholarship opportunity, you must meet the lineup of requirements, complete an online application, and submit an essay discussing your smoke-free world ideas.
We’re looking at your writing abilities, sure, but we’re most interested in your ideas that can help produce a truly smoke-free world. Please write an essay that:
- Is well-researched and evidence-based
- Discusses feasible solutions for smokers looking to make a positive change in their lives
- Encourages others to participate in the smoke-free movement
- Touches on any personal connection you may have that makes the topic more meaningful
- Explains why a smoke-free world is important for you, society and the environment
- Is original, clear, concise and compelling to read
- Includes a photo or video if you feel either adds value to your submission (optional)
Essays should be typed, double-spaced and at least 750 words in length (three pages). Please save your essay as a Word doc or PDF and upload it with your application where indicated.
Black Note is accepting applications on a rolling basis until September 15th of 2018. The sooner you apply, the sooner you can share your ideas and be in the running for a scholarship!
- Be a full-time student
- Be 18 years or older
- Submit an essay as outlined in Essay Instructions, signing your essay with your full name, university name and address
- Enter only one application and one essay per person
- Be legal residents of the 50 United States and ten provinces of Canada
Scholarship Awards and Notification
Scholarship winners will be notified on September 15th of 2018 to receive their earnings.
LAST WINNER: JAMES BURKE
Disclaimer: Black Note does not claim that vaping is a smoking cessation strategy, nor are our scholarships being offered to promote Black Note tobacco e-liquid as a smoking cessation aid. The primary goal of our scholarship program is to raise awareness of smoking dangers and contribute to the movement toward a smoke-free world